Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vintage Berkel Slicer Debuts at Cavaniola's


Yesterday when I stopped by Cavaniola's Gourmet to pick up some fresh mozzarella for my Quail Hill tomatoes, I got my first look at the shop's vintage, fully restored Berkel flywheel meat slicer, complete with a glistening Prosciutto di parma, ready to slice (Cavaniola's is also slicing Iberico and Mangalica hams). How exciting to think that we will now be able to enjoy prosciutto sliced to perfection as it is in the best salumerias in Italy. When I got home and unpacked my bag, I saw that Michael had included a beautiful slice of Prosciutto for me to sample. I learned more about his new machine from this charming video. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The Berkel meat slicer is known to be the first of its kind and is a top performing professional, heavy-duty metal slicer. The video in this blog was extremely useful to me.

    ReplyDelete