Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The "Death" of Cookbooks and a Bargain Hunter's Dilemma






After reading a depressing story about the death of cookbooks in last week's New York Times, I walked over to BookHampton to reassure myself that cookbooks are not dead. While there, I paged through several that will make excellent holiday gifts, much better than a cooking app! BookHampton has always supported my own books (I even have my own page on their website), but more important to me is that it's right there on Main Street, next to the IGA, when I urgently need a book about root vegetables or Jewish holiday desserts. When I heard that BookHampton is offering 20% off of all online orders until the end of the month with free shipping on orders over $25, I pondered whether it would be silly to go home and place my order online.

No comments:

Post a Comment