Friday, May 29, 2009

Thank You Everyone

It's been almost a month since I started posting here, and I'd just like to take a moment to thank all of my readers for your enthusiasm and encouragement. I've gotten a ton of e-mails and phone calls. I have been stopped at the Farmer's market, at dancing school, and at the IGA by people with ideas and opinions about my posts. Gwen from the Wharf Shop even chased me down the street to let me know that I forgot to include baking soda in the chocolate sprinkle cookie recipe (I've added it. Thanks!).

Many of you have told me that you have wanted to post comments, but were unable to do so because you don't have a Google account. Will I sound like the Google zombie I've become if I encourage you to get one, so your comments can be made public (it takes just seconds and costs nothing)? In any case, keep e-mailing--it took me about 2 hours to figure out how to add the e-mail feature to the front page, so I'm glad people are using it. I've loved every one of your shopping tips and recipes ideas.

Thanks, also, to Annette Hinkle at the Sag Harbor Express for such a nice article. The paper is a local treasure, I never miss an issue, and I was honored to be included this week. The paper's website will soon include a link to Sag Harbor Days, and we've talked about my blog recipes beginning to appear regularly in print. A dream come true!

And thanks to Schiavoni's IGA. When I was shopping there yesterday (lentils, cereal, a loaf of Bread Alone's 7-grain bread) as I do almost every day, I noticed this sign near the checkout for the first time and thought it would be perfect for today's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment