Friday, August 21, 2009

A Trip to the Market





I am wrapping up my vacation, trying to see and eat as much as possible. A trip to London's Borough Market yesterday was an efficient way to get this done. Among the things that I saw and ate: meat pies (although by the time I arrived, the Mr. Porky Pies were gone), Turkish delight (recurring nightmares stemming from reading about this treat in "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe 35 years ago notwithstanding I still had to buy some), and "unruly" caramels (my new favorite adjective). But the best thing I saw was this communal table at a fantastic coffee stand, where you can sit and eat bread and jam all morning while drinking your coffee if you like.

2 comments:

  1. Ate them last night while watching "Warhorse." The chocolate-covered honeycomb was also great!

    ReplyDelete