Sunday, January 31, 2010

Good Vibrations (and a lot of Cash) for Haiti

The Bay Street Theater was packed to the rafters last night, for the Hamptons for Haiti benefit. As often happens to me when I leave my house to go to Main Street, I was taken by surprise by the diverse talents of my neighbors. For a while now I had been hearing about Djambeli Drum and Dance (led by Dan Bailey, of Monday Night Drum Circle fame) from my friend Sue, and I finally got a chance to see and hear them perform. Since I realized, after I recently purchased a metronome to help me with my piano practice, that I have no sense of rhythm, I was impressed by their skill. And their soulfulness. They sent out a loving rhythmic message to earthquake victims, while helping to raise much-needed funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment