Sunday, January 24, 2010

This Cake is Driving Me Crazy

It may seem like I haven't done a lot of cooking this week, but actually I have been chained to my stove, working on a recipe for Brown Butter Pound Cake that I just can't get right. My first cake looked good, but was too dry. My second cake was moist, but with an unattractive flat top. My third cake...don't even ask. This morning I gave it a fourth try, using a food processor to mix the batter, and I had high hopes. It rose beautifully in the oven, and I took it out a few minutes early because I didn't want it to dry out. But look what happened when turned my back on it to wash some dishes. It completely collapsed. I peeked into the interior and saw that it was raw. What a difference five minutes can make. Perhaps tomorrow I will finally have a recipe for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment