Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Feliz 5 de Mayo




On my walk to the Elementary School yesterday to pick up the younger one, I passed by our refurbished Mexican takeout place, recently re-named Cilantro's (138 Division Street; 725-4555). I love the way the old Madison Market sign looks, right above the new sign in the window. This building is such a great illustration of the Village's fast food history. One of my most memorable Sag Harbor meals--a turkey and coleslaw sandwich that I ate as I waited for the moving van to arrive from the city with our stuff 14 years ago--came from the Madison Market. Anyway, I poked my head in and liked what I saw and smelled--a tidy kitchen producing made-to-order tacos, burritos, and quesadillas. On the way home, I suggested to my daughter that we stop in and pick up an afterschool snack. She chose the Nachos Grande, which she shared with the older one when we got home. The food received an excellent review: Not only were they better than the nachos we ordered at The Cheesecake Factory in New Jersey last month, they rivaled the ones my husband made at home before we didn't watch the Superbowl this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment