Monday, May 3, 2010

Budget Cookies


A few days ago a friend called to see if I could bring some cookies to one of the school budget informational sessions taking place this week. Since I'm neck-deep in cookies (I'm doing some freelance recipe testing, for a magazine story on holiday baking), I was relieved I'd have a place to drop off some of my work. I thought these economical oatmeal and coconut cookies, studded with gumdrops (two bags for $1 at the Variety Store) were a good choice for Sunday's meeting. If you missed my cookies yesterday, you may be able to try one of these espresso shortbread stars (the chocolate wasn't quite hardened in time for yesterday) at tonight's meeting, in the Pierson library at 7pm. For a full schedule of the informational sessions, which will also be held in North Haven and Bridgehampton later in the week, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment