Sunday, July 18, 2010



Yesterday we had to drive to LaGuardia Airport to pick up one of the children, who was flying home from Colorado. Fearful that, because of horrible traffic, I would have to go more than three hours without eating, I surveyed some knowledgeable friends in Queens for restaurant ideas. As eager as I was to eat at the highly recommended Parkside or London Lennie's, I was still glad that my daughter's flight was early, we hit no traffic, and we returned home in plenty of time to grab a late dinner at Citta Nuova (her choice) instead. Even more happily, we had plenty of time before her flight landed to stop in Corona for some of the Ice King's legendary shaved ices. I wish I could have tried every flavor. If only we had an Ice King of Sag Harbor...

No comments:

Post a Comment