Sunday, August 1, 2010

Drinks Before the Carnival


When I first saw this carnival sign in the window at the Harbor Heights service station, I thought it had been there for years. I love the vintage style of it! But then I started to see signs all around town, and realized that the carnival is BACK. In general, I prefer vintage carnival signs to attending an actual carnival, but there is something magical about the sight of the ferris wheel lights against the backdrop of the bay. Somehow the thought of the bay gave put me in mind of this classic summer cocktail. Here is the recipe. Don't drink too many before riding the Gravitron.


Bay Breeze
Makes 1 drink

I like to moisten the rim of my glass with the lime wedge and dip it in salt, Margarita-style, before fixing my drink but you can just squeeze your lime into the drink once it is mixed if you prefer.

Wedge of lime
Sea salt or kosher salt
1/4 cup vodka
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup cranberry juice


1. Rub the lime wedge around the rim of your glass to moisten it. Spread the salt on a saucer and dip the moistened edge into the salt to coat.
2. Fill the glass with ice, pour in the vodka, pinapple juice, and cranberry juice, squeeze in whatever juice remains in your lime wedge, and drink immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment