Thursday, August 19, 2010

Last Night's Dinner: Pretty Grean Bean Salad

I'm trying to use up what I have in my refrigerator, since I'm leaving for vacation soon. So last night I used my Quail Hill green beans, some good olive oil, sea salt, black olives, and shaved Parmesan (shaved ricotta salata would be good, too) to make this pretty dish. Actually, my husband made this dish. But as always he had to listen to my adamant suggestions while he cooked. Here is the recipe:

Green Beans with Olives and Parmesan
Serves 4

1 pound green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Fine sea salt
1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
1 tablespoon shredded basil leaves
1/2 cup Parmesan shavings

1. Blanch the beans for 2 to 3 minutes in salted boiling water. Drain and toss with oil and sea salt to taste. Set aside to cool.
2. Stir the olives and basil together with the beans in a large serving bowl. Shower with Parmesan and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment